Monday, November 15, 2010

that one girl.

I made a lot of choices I wish I could take back. I became someone I didn't know. You wonder how could such a good thing go so terribly wrong. How could I let myself do that. Where was I? Murky water. I don't even think I was asking for help. but because someone loves me. I got it.

Once upon a time I went to Miami.

The dad wasn't able to go to Miami so the Mom took me to help her with her kids. I was given Sunday and Monday off, um? what was I suppose to do by myself in a city I had never been to?well.. If all else fells and its a Sunday, you always have 3 hours at church. so I called up a bishop in Ohio, asked him if there was any LDS churches by where I was staying that I could go to while I had the day off. he said he'd get right back with me. He called me back and said within blocks of where I was staying there is a singles ward. it starts at one he gave me the address and the name of the bishop to that ward. Well. okay. I had 3 hours taken care of. ;)

That Sunday looking back there wasn't anything that was going to be in the way of me getting to that ward. The lady at the fontainebleau hotel printed off a map quest of how to get there, that was easy. I do remember It was a really windy day. I got a cab. He drove me right to the church. He said to me as i'm getting out, no one's ever had me take them here. I just smile and thought yeah. I'm sure they haven't. I don't even know what i'm doing here. I'm about an hour early the spanish speaking ward was still in, I met an older couple while i'm sitting in the foyer we start talking. They tell me that that ward doesn't start for quite a while, they tell me to go to the beach and hang out until its time, I end up at walgreens. I'm walking around walgreens. The thought, you don't have to go. Just keep shopping. Don't go. I was like yeah. that would be easier. then I don't have to deal with anyone and I could just be alone. then i'm like. you know your going to get bored if you do that then what will you do with your whole day off, If you just go to the church that takes up a good 3 hours and then you can go shopping after.

I end up going to that ward.
I notice a boy passing sacrament. he's dang good looking. he doesn't look at me. I think oh well. who cares like i'm ever going to see any of these people ever again. It was fast and testimony meeting.

It was like everyone that stood up and bore their testimony's were talking to me. I needed to hear all of them. One boy says, it's either true. Or its not. I decided then, i need to figure it out. I made a commitment then I was going to actually read the Book Of Mormon for the first time. I had grown up my whole life Mormon but wanted to be so different from every other Mormon girl that I didn't think I was cut out for it, I had actually never had even given it a chance. just assumed that to be different I had to be completely different.

after church was over, a boy comes up and invites me to go to the fireside that happens to be going on later that evening. sure. i'd love to go (I dont have anything else to do anyway.) So he introduces me to the Relief Society president she was sweet. It was so funny she's like, so where are you from? I told her I was living in Ohio at the time, and she's like oh my gosh this is so weird last night I had a dream I was drawing a map for someone trying to get to Ohio, and now your here. she was like thats sort of weird.

I end up hanging out with her. I go to choir practice with her. of course the choir director girl makes me sing in front of everyone to see if i'm a alto or soprano hahaha it didn't matter how many times I told her I would never be back, she insisted i sung. Yeah. If that wasn't awkward. :) everyone I met there were so much fun. It was like I already knew them, It was just really comfortable.

We drive to the fireside. I meet sacrament boy. and another funny do you have a pen I can borrow boy. They (at different times) ask me to go out tomorrow, since i'll be off.

LONG story shorter, God used one of them as a tool to get me home. He used one of them as a "lure" if you will to get me to move back to Utah.

I will forever have a soft spot in my heart for that boy. I feel like he saved me. saved me from the bad choices i was making. I seriously have no idea where I would be right now if I wouldn't have met him. I have A LOT of love for him. for what he did. wether he knows it or not. I wish him the best. always.

I don't know if this was as much of a spiritual prompting or just a blatant miracle. but I don't ever want to forget it.

1 comment: