Tuesday, November 16, 2010

oh baby is that you

I needed to change my flight. I change my flight.

I'm sitting at the airport flying back to SLC and I see a Mom with 3 kids. little kids. at this point I just notice her.

Standing at the B loading area at South West quite a ways in front of me is this guy, very good looking, I think to my self I want to sit by him, its open seating, so this was perfect. We start loading onto the plane. He sits in an asle seat, I choose the spot a row behind on the other side of the plane, very easy to see each other, an asle seat. I'm thinking this is perfect. I sit down. Then I glance back there's that Mom with her 3 kids. I thought I saw her standing with someone before, but it looks like she's traveling alone. with 3 babies. I keep glancing back because i'm trying to figure out if she is alone or not. I say to her, Your kids are so cute! how old are they. She tells me the oldest just turned 3 the middle just turned 2 and the baby was almost a year. about 9months old. I say well you've got your hands full! she laughs yeah.

The plane takes off. We've been flying for a while. The baby the Mom is holding is getting fussy. then the one by the window starts crying. The Mother is trying to comfort her with her hand. theres not much else she can do she has a baby on her lap a kid in the middle seat and her at the window crying. I'm getting super ansie I wanted to take the baby out of her hand so she could comfort the crying one. It was very hard for me to sit still. and not say anything but I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. The little girl stops crying and I glance back and make eye contact with the Mom, I say to her, I'm traveling alone if you need any help I can help. She just kind of smerks. Okay. I said something. I felt better.
Were about an 1 1/2 into the flight and the ladies kids are doing awesome. I'm really impressed I'm still more focused on this guy sitting in front of me. I get up to go to the bathroom. I come back to my seat, the Mom and I make eye contact. She says Is there bathrooms on airplanes? I'm like Yeah I point to it Its back there, Do you want me to hold your baby so you can go to the bathroom? She says that would be so nice. Thank you. She says i'm going to take her to the bathroom can you watch the one by the window too, I'm like of course! I'm playing with the baby she is so cute! so cute! All of her girls were cute! the one by the window is smiling at me and just staring at me. It was cute. The Mom comes back. She now trusts that I really want to help throughout the rest of the flight we small talk a little and I help her with her kids. She tells me they all have never flown before. They actually were suppose to fly yesterday but she was so un prepaired for the airport, she didn't know what to expect she hadn't even brought a stroller or anything so it turned out she missed her flight, she said someone told me I just wasn't meant to fly today. She said her Mom gave her some money and some snacks for the kids so they were a little better prepaired this time. She said we are staying with someone for a month I was like Oh. thats fun! is it family? She says no. I just have it all set up someone ones suppose to be picking us up from the airport and everything. I said Oh. well fun.

So the plane is starting to get ready to land. All the kids are asleep its about 10pm. We land. all of her girls are still asleep. I'm glancing back i'm thinking how is she going to get 3 sleepy kids off of a plane by herself. I start looking at my stuff, I have a purse and a carry on. I think Yea. I could easily carry out a baby. The asle's moving people are getting off the plane. I say to the Mom, would it help if i carried someone out for you? She's like actually that would. thank you. so I put my purse on one shoulder grab the baby grab my carry on and I start up the asle. and yes. I did have to be wearing over the knee high heel boots. that day. but thats right. i'm talented. :) haha. We get to where they bring out your strollers and I see one that looks like one a little kid plays with. I say is this yours? She's like yea. I put the baby in it. Now that we are standing up I look at the Mom and I can see that she is pregnant, i'd guess 7 or 8months pregnant.

I couldn't leave this women, I didn't want to be a creep and like stay right with her bugging her but I just didn't want to leave her. she had a back back on her back a baby in the stroller and to kids holding on to the stroller walking. and she's pregnant. The one little girl just wants to be held. So she picks her up and trys to push the stroller, gets a couple steps and says to her I can't do this your going to have to walk the little girl starts crying. They all have to be so tired. so I just turn around and go pick up the little girl and start carrying her for her. We are walking together to baggage claim I asked her again how old the kids were. she starts telling me a little bit about them. They are from Virginia. she's 8months pregnant. I said Wow. do you know what you are having? she just kind of shrugs. No. Thats why we are here. we are staying with a family thats going to adopt the baby. They gave me a little money to come out here and they are giving us a little money to go home with. We can't afford another baby. My heart broke. I tried my hardest to give no reaction. I said so is your ride going to pick you up at baggage claim? she says well I need to find a phone so I can call her. I hand her my cell phone. she calls. It took us a while for us to find her. as soon as she came up, I left. I didn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable so waved bye and headed out the doors.

The next day I couldn't stop thinking about her and her cute little family. I cried all day. I was suppose to meet her. We were suppose to cross paths. Did I know I was being led by the spirit? No. for me, sometimes I think the spirit uses really good looking guys to get me where I need to be, and just when I think its them I'm suppose to meet God says look back.

1 comment:

  1. awe -- that is heart-breaking! That poor mother. I can not imagine how she must be feeling. You are so thoughtful and caring! I just love you! Even if for a moment, you blessed her life and made things just a bit easier. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete